Thursday, December 25, 2008

the joy of christmas... comes from love.

Well.. it looks as though another Christmas has come and gone.. and i must say.. it has been a weird Christmas season for me this year.. what, with all the uncertainty about Australia and the strange financial predicament that i'm in.. i mean, for a second there i let myself think that my dreams were capable of being shattered... and i almost let my joy slip right through my fingers over that bogus idea.. right in the middle of the christmas season! what an inconvenient time to almost lose your joy! but BOY do i love God.. he's so faithful to help me see the truth in the midst of chaoss and confusion.. and the truth is that His timing is EVERYTHING... if i can't go to australia next month.. it doesn't mean i'll never get to go.. it just means that he needs me to wait right now... and lean even harder into the His perfect promises.. so for now.. i think i'll live out psalm 130:5-6 to the best of my ability..

"I wait for the Lord, My soul waits,
and in His word I will put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning."

and while i wait on Him... i think i'll revel in the certain fact that i am incredibly B-L-E-S-S-E-D... God has surrounded me with a beautiful family and irreplaceable friends... and there is no better time to be aware of how blessed I am than on Christmas day... Today was flawless.. not because we are perfect people.. (ha! far from it!) but mainly because there was so much love all over the place.. and love is all you need on Christmas.. or anytime really.

a little bit of the Bezet family tradition... just a peek..
we need hailee in this one.. but it's cute of me, erin and grace...

erin and Lo were having a pretty in depth phone conversation...


Dan the man came to our Christmas this year.. it was good to have him :)

Cousin Abe teaching Londyn how to work out... haha..


Corban punched me right in the face!


a daddy-daughter dance... precious :)


sleepy people on the couch..


good to have gu this year as well :)


rick and michelle sitting by the fire...


they are playing with the bezet kids' new wii nintendo thing. it's pretty cool..


how cute is he in his spiderman pj's?!?


So... i hope you had a beautiful christmas this year... with lots of love.. and lots of pie. praise God for pie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh this post does a body good!!! :-] Its the best christmas gift ever to see that you're doing well & in good spirits. I feel like you've got the spring back in your step... and i like it! haha i love you so much...

Anonymous said...

Your dad looks like he should be wearing a t-shirt that says "I'd rather be drinking..."

Looks like you guys had as great a Christmas as we did. That's always good news!