Friday, February 27, 2009

when things slow down..

you know what.. sometimes you just need a nap. i hardly ever take naps because when im not working..  i always have something else i'd rather be doing than sleeping.. like reading or writing.. or music...  or spending time with a friend i haven't seen in a while.. or riding my bike or just figuring out ways to be outside in general.. but it feels like for the past two weeks i've just been running around nonstop with my mind sort of 10 paces ahead of me at all times.. and today is the first time i've had the chance in a while to c.h.i.l.l.... and its been nice.. i've had time to stop and take in the daffodils.. and open the sunroof of my car... ah yes, my car.. it seems that having my car back is the key to having life move at a more manageable pace... i didn't have my car for 2 weeks.. very very unfortunately.. the engine sort of keeled over  couple of weeks ago.. and we weren't even sure if i was going to get to keep my car or have to try and figure out how to get a new one... but after a long tiresome process of adult decision-making (i hate having to make decisions like a grownup.. it makes me squirm).. i ended up just purchasing an entirely new engine for my car... a pretty penny to say the least.. and i had to use australia money to pay for it.. so it looks like i won't be able to go down under for a while now.. its okay though.. God is making it pretty clear that he's the one opening and closing the doors in my life these days.. which puts me at ease.. because when he closes doors.. nobody can open them.. and when he opens doors.. it's a golden opportunity.. like for example.. i have recently been given the honor of going on staff full-time with newlife at the Greater Little Rock campus... i work in the office.. sort of as the receptionist at the front desk.. but i'm about to get more involved with events and stuff.. and i love it because i get to see how the church works from the inside out.. and it gives me a deeper appreciation for our church and the lengths we go to to show people their value in the kingdom.. and i think its such an awesome opportunity because this is my first real job.. and it's in God's house.. which is where i always want to be.. anyway.. all this to say, all is well in my world... i have my car back.. it feels like spring is here (we'll see how long that lasts).. i'm relaxing on the couch listening to jonezetta... and i think i'm about to take a little siesta.. and if it's not dark when i wake up... i just might go for a little bike ride.. or better yet.. maybe i'll go on a night-time  bikeride... could be awesome :)

No comments: