Tuesday, February 10, 2009

boombox


so right now i'm at my desk at work.. it's a rainy tuesday and i've pretty much finished up what i'm supposed to do today... minus one or two really easy things that will take like 2 seconds.. i'm listening to one of my all-time favorite cd's.. that's right.. i said cd's.. because the computer at my desk is a dinosaur... and it doesnt have speakers so itunes and pandora.com are incompatable.. bummer.. no worries though.. lucky for me there is a perfectly capble boombox located just at my toes there beneath my desk... and i'll add that i've gotten pretty good at adjusting the volume, skipping songs, and pressing pause with my feet.. anyway.. a boombox that plays cd's has been made available to me.. GLORY.. now i have an excuse to pilfer through all my old cd's... so i just went out to my car to see what i've got tucked away in my cd case thingy.... here's what we've got:

coldplay: parachutes (that's what i'm listening to right now... LOVE this cd.. very mellow and mellow is my favorite)
JABN.. that's for you brennan ward :)
Matt Wertz: twentythree places
my FALL mix that i made 2 years ago... or i guess 2 falls ago... whatever its just a lot of my favorite songs..
Amos Lee
augustana: all the stars and boulevards
the used: in love and death
a random cd labeled summer! (but the dot at the bottem of the exclamation point is a heart..hm)
lifehouse: no name face
Coldplay: x&y
switchfoot: the beautiful letdown
mae: destination beautiful
destiny's child: survivor
all american rejects: move along
elton john: greatest hits
journey: greatest hits
coldplay: viva la vida
mariah carey: daydream (tied with hanson for my first cd ever and i still have it. haha)
panic@ the disco
john mayer continuum
boyz II men: cooleyhighharmony
imogen heap
enough britney spears cd's to embarrass anyone.
incubus: morning view (this cd and highschool went hand in hand for me)
bryan adams: the best of me
NLC: shout to our God.. (with cale mills' shouting face on the front)
lovedrug: everything starts where it ends
hillsong london
shane&shane: pages
hillsong: all of the above
dave barnes: brother, bring the sun
becca's "day from hell" mix.. haha.. it's actually not as depressing as it sounds :)
mat kearney: bullet
brooke fraser: albertine
brooke fraser: what to do with daylight
Dixie Chicks: taking the long way
Misty Edwards: Onething Live 2007
Brandon Chandler... this is tyler gilbreath's cousin from portland.. he's really good.. and really in love with carriebeth james :)
denison witmer
taylor swift: tim mcgraw
taylor swift: fearless
dashboard confessional: a mark a mission a brand a scar
Damien rice: O

plus there are about 3 or 4 cd's that just say 'worship' on them... no telling what your gonna get on those.... most likely a bunch of hillsong stuff knowing me :) .. or there's the awesome possiblity that it is a rough recording of a Real Life worship service from God knows when... those are always... interesting (to say the least).

wow.. i forgot i had a lot of that music.. and i've just been toting it around in the trunk of my car! now...  i am aware of the fact that that is a very random bunch of cd's... some of them are VERY old and haven't been listened in years... and some of them are newer.. some of them are (in my opinion) timeless... and to be honest i have no idea how some of them even got in there.... but if you can draw conclusions about somebody based on their collection of random cd's.. i have no idea what this says about me... i guess that im diverse?

i love listening to old music... a bunch of those cd's are definitely tied to specific time periods in my life.. i bet a lot of you can probably relate to that.. certain songs can trigger a memory.. and when i listen to them.. i can go straight back there in my mind.. like a time machine or something... which is really fun.. so today i'm thankful for the awesome boombox under my desk :) 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

what an amazing little assortment of music you found there friend!
especially that day from hell mix.
what a life changing cd.

Anonymous said...

oh brandon chandler...the day you love God is the day i will marry you! yes, yes i will!