Tuesday, January 6, 2009

a dub...

i've got this amazing friend named audra.. and let me just tell you a little bit about her. when i first met audra.. i knew that this was the kind of person i wanted to be around.. she has the most uplifiting personality.. just being around audra for 10 minutes will put anybody in a better mood.. not to mention she has an uncanny ability to get crunk (haha).. and then there's the fact that she is one of the most ballin shortstops i've ever had the honor of playing next to on the softball field.. she's kind of my softball hero.. but all that is beside the point.. the coolest thing about audra is what God is doing in her life.. God is doing amazing things through this young lady just for the simple fact that she is just so willing to be used.. she understands that there is power of life and death in the tongue.. and she uses that power to build people up.. and point them towards the same target she is chasing everyday.. the God she loves. Watching her grow in her relationship to God.. especially this year in 24/7 (one of the coolest leadership programs on the planet).. is such an inspiration.. she is so deticated to discipline.. and eager to get better and better with every passing day.. you can tell the changes she's making are real and lasting.. and she really understands the importance of loving people.. and the importance of discipleship.. and i want to love as selflessly as she does.. it's beautiful to watch.. so audra, when you read this.. just know that i love you dearly and i look up to you.. my sister, my friend :)

ps.. i'm so excited for your mission trip to mexico.. God's going to do beautiful things on that trip.. i'm defintely keeping you and all of 24/7 in my prayers.. but i want you to go already so you can hurry up and get back!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

yeah!
Audra rules all!
(you know the voice i'm thinking this in)

by the way, i was thinking...these words verifications that i have to do everytime i post? i'm thinking we use them and create our on "sigur ros" like album...what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Callie, all i gotta say is DITTO. Audra IS amazing! Oh the first time I met her, I was leading her cabin at the Elevation Retreat. I knew from the start she was ghetto...I also knew that I would never cross her, fearing that she'd straight up go gangster on me :) Audra is amazing and I love her, (AND YOU!) so so much! wohoo!

audraelizabeth said...

Wow cal that is some of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. And I love the heck out of you. I'm so glad you're in my life, I don't know where I would be had I not had your friendship especially these last few months. You're amazingly great, and you're so my singing hero! I love you so very much. Thank you for always being there for me and accepting me and my ghettoness and weirdness. Love you friend. Thanks for your kind words.

P. S. Cecilias comment is hilarious!!!!!!