Tuesday, September 13, 2011

learning lessons...

"a person who fears God deals responsibly with all of reality.. not just a piece of it."-- Ecclesiastes 7:18 (the Message)

I love this. What it says to me is that a person who has the right perspective of God and allows Him to sit on the Mercy seat of their life.. is able to look every circumstance of life directly in the eyes and do what has to be done. Fearing God results in refusing to pretend something is what it isn't.. or ignore the obvious. It takes gumption. It takes guts.. and Lord knows, I don't always have gumption OR guts... but the good Lord also knows.. that it's a goal of mine. I got a fortune cookie the other day that said this:

"First think of what you want to do... and then do what you have to do."

i really like this.. but i think maybe i'd add the words "with integrity" to the end... kind of like how trashy people add the words "in bed" to other fortune cookies ;) haha.. anyway.. I think knowing what you want, and then doing what you have to do with integrity.. is a fair game plan to dealing responsibly with all of reality..

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

trashy people???
(offended)
good words though. i love that verse.

Erin said...

I love you little sister, and your wisdom. And I can't believe you called Becca trashy...
But seriously, more proud of you than you will ever know.

Coury Combs said...

:)