Thursday, May 28, 2009

slooow day.. a list of facts.. a series of thoughts.. and a mouse attack..

so this day is moving pretty slow.. i've taken care of most of my responsibilities for the day.. so... i'm just going to start listing thoughts.... 

-New Hills United album:: A_cross//The_earth =sheer brilliance.. can't wait to start doing some of the new songs in RL.. there will be some very powerful worship going on all over the earth thanks to the writers at hillsong.. glory to God. 

- In an attempt to be more responsible, i've started saving all my receipts when i buy stuff lately because i feel like that's what real adults are supposed to do.. but i don't really do anything with them besides tuck them inside of an envelope with all the other zillions of receipts... i feel like maybe i'm supposed to be doing something with them? like balancing my checkbook or something? but i don't do that... so i guess i'm only a quazi-real adult... working on it tho. one step at a time.. 

-I have recently taken up the hobby of gardening... never thought the lawn and garden section of wal-mart would seem like such a wonderland to me... but now i have to be careful about going in there.. i LOVE flowers.

- I fell asleep in the laundry room yesterday... i know that's weird. 

- I have a new favorite song. it's called see you soon... playradioplay. 

- I have to plan a big trip before october... i have a plane ticket to use.. maybe i'll visit lydia :) 

- I sang in a wedding on Sunday.. a song called 'so are you to me' by eastmountainsouth..  my beautiful friend Lauren got married to Seth.. it was lovely... i adore weddings.. especially my friend's weddings..  singing in them is a bonus.. 

- I plan on buying a better camera soon... memories are slipping by uncaptured... can't have that. 

- All of my friends from 247 graduated on Sunday and I'm so proud of them.. they are such catalysts for the next generation.. and it makes me better just to watch how they live their lives.. serving and loving.. whenever they can.. i aspire.. and on a positive.. i'll get to hang out with a lot of them quite a bit more often this summer.. some of them I won't see for a while.. 

-Katy's dad found a snake on our front porch last weekend.. and i'm not happy about it.. in fact... i might even have a bad attitude about the stupid snake... i hate anything that slithers.. creeps.. crawls... 

-had a run-in with a ferocious cockroach the other night in the bathroom when i was brushing my teeth.... i mean it was the size of a small pet.. and my weapon of choice? a shampoo bottle...   i'm pretty sure God is trying to prepare me for a future in missions by getting me used to being under the attack of vermin and rodents of every species... like the alien moth that tried to abduct me and my friends the other night... it was as big as a terradactyl. 

- I found a big brown spider crawling on one of my favorite shirts when i pulled it out of my closet on saturday.. post flip-0ut.. i went after it with one of my flipflops.. but the little trickster crawled into the pocket of my shirt.. so i had to kill it while it was inside the pocket and then dump it out. ick.. then, i wore the shirt. that spider is not the boss of me. 

-OMG.. would you believe a mouse just shot out from underneath my desk right in the middle of typing this blog and sent me screaming through the church for someone to help me... then two of NLC's manliest and most heroic pastors, mark pagley and tye hefner, tried to shoo him out of my desk with an umbrella and a guitar stand... this was a mighty effort.. but the mouse was so afraid of them that it wouldn't come out. so now the mouse is occupying my desk.. i have relocated::.. and will remain so until that mouse is toast.. (sick) 


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

it's totally not weird that you fell asleep in your laundry room. if i lived there (please please build me a room) i would sleep there all the time! it has such a great view! (and really...who can say that about their laundry room? lucky...)

and...me gusta "see you soon" tambien.

neil greathouse said...

Mark Pagley didn't yell at it like a WWF pro wrestler?

That's why it didn't run away.