Friday, November 4, 2011

Sandra Templeton

hello lovely people.. OH I have so much to tell you! As the leaves change on trees and the air outside gets colder.. it seems like the seasons of my life are shifting as well.. In a good way! First I have to tell you, remember when I moved in to this house? Well after nearly 3 wonderful years of living there, our landlord sold the Oliver Street house and my roommates and I have found new places to live.. And i will admit.. moving out of that house caused my heart to ache, just a tiny bit. But only because every room is filled to the brim with sweet memories.. We laughed hard on Oliver Street.. We cried there.. We fell in love there.. I am so grateful for the years my roommates and I shared together in that Blessed house.. and for all the things we learned from each other in our time together. I remember saying to my dad when we were packing up the last of my furniture to move, that moving out felt like the "end of an era." in my life.. little did I know how true that actually was.

unbeknownst to me , my boyfriend Bronson had a little plan up his sleeve.

I'll begin by telling you that my favorite movie is Big Fish.. I just love the imagery in this movie and I think that there is so much wisdom in it's themes. And my very favorite scene in this movie is the scene where Edward Bloom fills an entire field with daffodils because he is in Love with this girl, Sandra Templeton, and those are her favorite flowers... so he fills her front yard with yellow daffodils and he asks her to marry him.

a few weeks ago, I got a call from the creative arts pastor at our church, asking me to be a part of a photo shoot his team was planning to promote a new sermon series coming up this month. This is a totally normal scenario, so I said yes and didn't think another thing about it. The day of the photo shoot came, and I had been contacted by members of the creative team at our church and informed that I should wear vintage-fall type clothing and be at a peach orchard in our town at exactly 5:15. My best friend and sister were also going to be in the shoot so we should all ride together.

So we get there and we meet Nathan, bronson's roommate and also the Director of Design at our church, and Jamie- the Administrative coordinator for the Creative team.. Both of whom I'd been communicating with about the photo shoot. They tell us another group of people is shooting right now and we have to wait. Not too long after, they led us out to a row of Peach trees in the orchard and we began to walk..



when we got to the top of the hill, i noticed i could see people off in the distance ahead of us.. and I assumed they were all part of the shoot.. then I realized that everyone was standing really still and there was one guy standing out in front of everyone.. I said out loud "Is this a wedding? That guy looks like a groom.." Still completely oblivious to what was going on... then my sister hugged me and it hit me... this was for me..



He had created a field of 1000 (okay, 1,050) yellow daisies (i love daisies) with an aisle down the center, leading me straight to him..





it was the best thing anybody's ever done for me...





he proposed at sunset...



i said yes...





all of our family and friends were there.. even bronson's family from Georgia and Ohio had driven in and caught planes to be here with us.. everybody we love worked together to pull off this masterpiece of a proposal.. It was an awesome blessing that i will never, ever forget. I felt so loved in that moment.. not only by them, but by my God. He has love me so completely and thoroughly. And in this new season of life, my heart is full.

4 comments:

Bùi Thanh Bình said...

very nice

http://www.khanhancctv.com.vn/

Anonymous said...

Nice blog !!!
thanks for sharing
mẫu nhà đẹp hcm
mẫu thiết kế nhà hcm
mẫu thiết kế nhà tại hcm

Unknown said...



We are urgently in need of A , B , O blood group (kidnney) 0RGANS, Contact For more

details.
WhatsApp: +919739098941
Mobile : +919739098941
Help Line: +919739098941

Yang Kuo said...

Ankara merkezli sanal gerçeklik oyun merkezi kurulum hizmetleri


ทางบ้าน