Wednesday, April 22, 2009

african zebras and oliver street...

Hello all... this post will be brief, yet monumental. the first order of business i must attend to is that i want to welcome my friends in 247 back from changing the world in africa.. i've heard that there were something like 7,000 salvations won for the kingdom on that trip via the world changing 247missions teams... and all i can say about that is w.o.w... its amazing what can be done in one month through willing laborers... all that hard work in preparation more than paid off... so blessing and honor and glory to the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY... precious lives in africa have been forever changed in the name of Jesus :) and it is so good to have all of you back home.. you were dearly missed..

now, another important order of business.. i want to introduce to you the wood carved zebra that audra brought back for me from Africa.. i have been wanting a wood-carved african zebra ever since my sister brought me home a wood-carved african giraffe last summer.. (idk why the giraffe made me want a zebra..) anyway now i have one! thankyou SO MUCH audra.. i love him so much i gave him a pearl necklace.. still trying to decide what to name him..  hmm... 


And last, but MOST CERTAINLY not least... the picture below features the house i will be moving into with my two good friends katy and erika... in (count them) 2 WEEKS!!! I am so excited i can hardly stand it.. i have ALWAYS wanted to live in a cute little old house just like this one (it was built in 1937!).. and now i'm going to.. and it's my very first house! (i'm moving out of my parent's house for the first time aside from campus housing at UCA.. they'll be empty nesters so if you see them give them a big hug and tell them it's going to be okay)..  basically what i'm saying is... we have a front porch swing (perfect for rainy days) and a back deck (complete with a fire-pit hand crafted by our landlord cory cangelosi) and not one, but 2 tire swings... a plum tree, and blackberries that grow along the back fence... what does all this mean??? it means the most perfect summer ever.. come over whenever you want.. we will invite you in for a big glass of sweet tea.. and the kitchen is perfect for dancing :)


our little house on Oliver street... home sweet home :)

5 comments:

A Heart Laid Bare said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So excited. Cannot hold it in. Omg.

Anonymous said...

i'm too freaking excited for you and for me! because i will most certainly be there all the live long day! this has to be the most lovely thing that's happened since the bookstore in springfield (i don't know....that's what popped into my mind when i thought lovely)
big hug to you!
cb

Anonymous said...

I love love love the house! Maybe one day I can live there with yall...or maybe one day I'll at least make it back to the States..or maybe I'll be here a 2nd year...or maybe I'll come home to you...we will see. Until then--I love you and you have the perfect house in all of Conway! What we all dreamed of!

Anonymous said...

awwwww yeahhhhhhhhh suckersssss thats our HOUSE

Rebecca said...

you don't even know the levels of jealousy that arise within me when i look at your darling house.
and the front steps say 'welcome"!
could there be anything more presh?




*side note...the word verification for this comment is "caliest". which is almost your name. way to OWN this blog, sista :)