Thursday, February 17, 2011

don't dare be silent...

hello all... it seems as tho winter is over... and i pray the coming spring is working it's way into your hearts and planting hope in you the way it is in me... i've been thinking a lot lately. and the reason i've been thinking is because the enemy has been launching missiles at me by way of my thought-life... as i'm sure he does with everyone from time to time. but recently for me it's been bad. and i haven't been fighting back.... i've just kind of been going with all the lies he's telling me about how i'm not good at anything i do.. a terrible leader... a terrible daughter.. friend.. etc..... he really doesn't let up if you don't make him. he will tell you ANYTHING to steal your identity from you, because he's so jealous of your standing with the King. so anyway, i've been losing the fight lately, but the battle is in my mind... and if i don't win there, i don't win anywhere else. but what sucks is the devil's so sneaky.. you don't realize he's been pounding you with lies until you're completely miserable and saying things out of your mouth that are so negative you'd bat your friends on the nose with a newspaper for saying it.

thank goodness God is faithful.. and we are over-comers by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.. this afternoon i had the pleasure of talking with a bright-eyed daughter named claire over coffee, and i got to tell her about all the places i've come from in life... and it stirred up in me a passion to keep going.. to keep fighting the good fight.. to get myself into the secret place and let God be my defender. thank goodness for God-appointed coffee dates ;)

anyway.. that's all i have for you now.. except for the life changing advice to get on itunes and by the A F T E R M A T H album from hills.... do it. just do it.

a little lyrical advice from one of the tunes on that album: "take heart. may His love lead us thru the night. hold onto hope. and take courage again." ... go ahead and do this too... :)

Also, never forget all the places you've come from... for it is telling of those places and pointing to Jesus... that will cause you to overcome... recently our church celebrated it's 10th birthday. and at that celebration we had these massive walls made up of testimonies from the people of the church... and these walls are loud about God and his saving power... we wouldn't dare be silent about our King.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well there's absolutely nobody prouder of you than me, I'll just tell you that right now. It seems that you are learning the same lessons I am in life right now. The battle usually is in your mind... and my favorite part was when you said :

"Also, never forget all the places you've come from... for it is telling of those places and pointing to Jesus... that will cause you to overcome... "

It describes what I've come to believe as our biggest weapon in the battles we face--gratitude. God tells us all through scripture,
"be thankful-give thanks-or, with thanksgiving..." God doesn't say these things because He needs to feel valued.. God tells us to give thanks because He knows meditating on the good things He's done will benefit us through giving us hope; that if He's done it before-He can do it again! Gratitude reminds us of the greatness of our God... our minds are preoccupied with truth, so the lies don't have any room to remain, or enter for that matter. Taking thoughts captive has taken on a brand new meaning. I just love how powerful this revelation is for me... and apparently I just should've blogged about it... but anyway. I love God for giving us the tools to win-because we will, because He does. And. I love you.

Britt said...

You are a beautiful person Callie, and I am blessed to know you, even if it is from afar :) What an encouraging word for me, this was.

Joy said...

callie, thanks for sharing and declaring what God has done/is doing in your life! Very encouraging and powerful words written! The more we proclaim who God is and His work in our life, the less grip satan has on us. Keep on my friend...don't you dare be silent!

much love,
joy

carrie beth said...

you are a more wonderful friend than you'll ever know. thank you for your words. they always make me think and change me too :)